Pizza Peels are used to move a pizza from a work surface into your pizza oven. The Orange Peel pizza peel is made of 100% 304 stainless steel, and is much thinner than many other pizza peels on the market, making your pizza transfers much easier. The Orange Peel is designed and manufactured in the US, from US sourced materials.
How to choose a Pizza Peel
- Oven Size. The peel must be small enough to fit through the door of your pizza oven. Peel dimensions are exact, for example a 14” peel is exactly 14” wide. Also consider if there are any obstructions inside your oven such as a gas burner. We offer a wide range of widths to fit every oven.
- Pizza Size. It is recommended to select a peel at least 1-2” bigger than the largest pizzas you plan to make. For example, if you are making 12” pizzas, a 14” peel is recommended.
- When sizing a peel, make sure it accommodates both oven size and pizza size. It must be bigger than the pizza but smaller than the oven door.
- Solid or Perforated? Perforated peels excel in high temperature (wood and gas fired) ovens. The perforations allow excess flour or semolina to fall off the base of you pizza before launching, which can reduce scorching on your base. Solid peels are better for lower temperature home or electric ovens, or applications like bread or bagels.
- Handle Length. Pizza Peels use a 3 Hole Handle, which is 1” in diameter. When choosing a handle length, consider how deep your oven is, but also how much space you have around your oven. If you have lots of space, longer handles can be easier to use and tend to not get as hot with extended usage. If you have a tighter space, like a small kitchen or food truck, you may select a shorter handle to keep the tool maneuverable.
Unsure or buying as a gift? Please reach out and I can help you select the perfect peel for your situation!